Last Updated April 14, 2021, 7:50 pm
Hi Flamboro Valley Seasonal Members,
We are looking forward to opening Flamboro Valley Camping Resort and seeing everyone enjoying their summer with friends and family. Unfortunately, this year the camping industry has again been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Our Public Health Unit, like many others, is becoming overwhelmed and we do not want to add to their burden. It is important to remember that we are all in charge of our own health, however, we each have a responsibility to protect others by following the guidelines.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, regulations put in place by the Government of Ontario and the local Public Health Unit will be enforced at Flamboro Valley Camping Resort. Everyone must remain at their primary residence until the Stay at Home Order has been lifted. We do not want to promote or encourage anyone to break the Stay at Home Order, especially from other municipalities that may have higher COVID-19 transmission rates.
To be clear, your RV at Flamboro Valley Camping Resort is NOT considered a residence; We are a recreational seasonal campground. Therefore, it cannot be used as a residence during the Stay at Home Order.
We have been in consultation with the Ontario Private Campground Association who have been providing some guidance regarding the regulations set out by the Provincial Government. From this consultation, we have developed our action plan to navigate through the months ahead. Please note, we have concluded that the Stay at Home Order has precedence and will supersede any other statements.
Please read and review the information below to ensure that we all stay safe and respect the Provincial and Federal Government regulations:
- Opening Day is now set for May 7th, to coincide with the lifting of the Stay at Home Order (subject to change based on provincial COVID-19 regulations)
- No one is permitted in the campground AT ALL without an appointment, which will only be granted if deemed essential. Cleaning your site, checking or opening your RV is NOT deemed essential.
- All fees are still due on or before May 1st, 2021, without exception. We have several payment options that do not require in-person contact such as e-transfer or cheque. If you must pay by debit or cash, please make an appointment in order to do so.
- If you are not returning for the 2021 season, please schedule an appointment to remove your RV before May 1st, 2021. You will be responsible to remove all your personal belongings, including sheds, decks and leave the site clean and tidy.
- Any new 2021 seasonal campers must make an appointment to have their RV delivered. Only 2 adults are permitted to attend and children are not allowed to attend this appointment.
- There will be no open house this year due to restrictions currently in place.
For more information regarding the Government of Ontario's State of Emergency, and the Stay at Home Order, please see COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health measures and advice in Ontario
Stay safe and we will see you soon,
Flamboro Valley Camping Resort
To Our Valued Campers & Guests,
We are excited to announce that we are open for overnight camping! This year, there are many changes that we have implemented but we are doing our best during these unprecedented times. Let your friends know that visitors are NOT allowed to visit our overnight campers.
We are now accepting reservations for tent camping with certain restrictions in place. We are not accepting group reservations for camping at this time and are limiting reservations to individual families only.
We are now accepting reservations for the following rental units with strict cleaning and sanitization measures in place:
Note: We are only accepting rental reservations for a minimum of three nights; availability is currently limited - please contact us for available dates
As we have now entered Phase 3 of Ontario's re-opening plan, the following amenities are now open for use:
- The main washroom building located by the pool is now open 24 hours daily; all other washrooms will remain closed
- The laundry room is now open 24 hours daily
- The playgrounds are now open to use at your own risk; the playgrounds are not sanitized - please bring your own hand sanitizer for before and after playground use
The Pool and Splash Pad are officially closed for the season.
Below is important information to keep in mind:
- Visitors or guests are not permitted
- Entrance into the campground office is not permitted
- Masks must be worn in the washroom building at all times (including in the laundry facilities)
NEW! Office hours (Subject to Change):
Please check-in between 1:00 pm and office closing time as noted above.
As we continue to monitor the situation we will update our website as information becomes available.
Thank you for your continued co-operation and understanding during this difficult time. We look forward to welcoming you back!
- Flamboro Valley Camping Resort Management